COMMUNITY CONSULTATION – PARKING CHANGES IN FORTITUDE VALLEY AND NEW FARM
Brisbane City Council is seeking feedback on proposed works that aim to balance on-street parking demand on Bowen Terrace and neighbouring streets, in preparation for the completion of the Howard Smith Wharves redevelopment in late-2018. Howard Smith Wharves will be a vibrant and iconic world-class riverfront destination, featuring new riverside parkland and commercial development.
The proposed changes will result in the gain of two parking spaces on Bowen Terrace, between Bowen and Harcourt streets, two passenger loading zones and two bus bays, creating a safe space for passengers to be dropped off and picked up.
Council is proposing to undertake the following works:
- Malt Street loading zone – Replace three 9P metered parking spaces in front of 15 Malt Street with a three-vehicle capacity loading zone (to apply at all times).
- Bowen Terrace loading zone and parking – Replace six parking spaces and three traffic islands with a nine-vehicle capacity loading zone (to apply at all times) and 14 marked parking spaces opposite 210 Bowen Terrace.
- Moray Street bus zone and intersection changes – Replace six parking spaces with a two-bus capacity bus zone (to apply at all times) on Moray Street. To accommodate bus movements, the following intersection changes will be required:
- Moray Street at Bowen Terrace – Replace pedestrian refuge island with highly visible pavement treatment.
- Barker Street at Bowen Terrace – Remove redundant stop sign.
- Moray Street at Barker Street – Replace pedestrian refuge island with highly visible pavement treatment.
- Bowen Terrace at Balfour Street – Replace traffic island with painted island.
- Bowen Terrace bus zone – Replace six 12P metered parking spaces in front of 100 Bowen Terrace with a two-bus capacity bus zone (to apply at all times).
Please see above a concept plan showing the proposed works for your information.
To find out more about the proposed changes, please:
- contact Council on 3403 8888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org before 22 June 2018
- speak to a Council officer at Wilson Outlook Reserve (231 Bowen Terrace, New Farm) on:
- Saturday 2 June 2018, 9-11am
- Thursday 7 June 2018, 3-5pm
- Saturday 16 June 2018, 9-11am
- Tuesday 19 June 2018, 7-9am