Brisbane’s nighttime economy survey
The Lord Mayor and our Schrinner Council are taking action to help rebuild Brisbane’s nighttime economy. That action is part of my duties as both your local councillor, and as the Council Chair of Community , Arts and Nighttime Economy.
We all go out at night. Whether it be to a
- restaurant on Boundary Street Spring Hill,
- a pub in Teneriffe,
- a live music venue in Fortitude Valley ,
- theatre at Bowen Hills or
- a club on Eagle Street in the City – every activation that happens is part of our plan to grow the jobs and artistic economy of our city.
Building that local nighttime economy has been my focus in the past – is my priority now – and will be for the future.
Because we want to create more job opportunities in retail , restaurants, pub and clubs, for you and your family and friends, and to support your vibrant inner city lifestyle, we’re delivering initiatives under our Economic Recovery Plan. My work recently with the music industry to deliver the Brisbane Winter Sessions and the new free Brisbane app are examples.
Currently we are wanting your thoughts about how we can grow Brisbane’s nighttime economy further and are seeking your feedback to:
- better understand community trends, needs and motivations for nighttime activities, events and experiences
- work with businesses to understand challenges and partnership opportunities that could strengthen the Brisbane nighttime economy
- identify opportunities that Council can consider facilitating, providing, partnering, funding, regulating and advocating toward a vibrant, diverse and sustainable nighttime economy.
You are invited to have your say by emailing me at email@example.com
Following community and business feedback, Council will consider ideas that can be implemented to shape and build a stronger nighttime economy.
You can find out more by searching for ‘nighttime economy’ on Council’s website www.brisbane.qld.gov.au