As more people choose to call our wonderful area home, it’s important we keep pace with the growing community and your expectations.
Late last year I was approached by residents to make improvements to Newstead’s Waterfront Park and in February I went out and listened to the community about how we could make the part better.
After considering the many wonderful ideas, Brisbane City Council’s award winning parks team have come up with a draft plan to reinvigorate Waterfront Park that I would love to hear your views on.
These suggested improvements include:
- A dedicated dog park – more residents mean more four-legged friends and we need to plan for that increase. This would be a fenced off area where dogs can run, exercise and socialise leash-free with other dogs and dog park visitors.
- New public facilities – it’s a fact of life that an ageing population requires better access to public toilets – so we’ll build some for all park users
- Outdoor gym – part of Council’s plan to help residents of all ages keep fit and healthy
- Better garden beds and pathways – making our park greener and easier to get around
I want our local parks to reflect the needs of our community and I would love to hear what you think about these improvements.
Email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to Have Your Say by 19 November 2018.
PS – Other park improvements I’ve delivered recently, and have planned include :
- New play equipment in Teneriffe Park Teneriffe, Bedford Park Spring Hill and Perry Park Bowen Hills delivered.
- 2 500 new rose buses for New Farm Park – blooming marvellous project as we speak.
- 26 large new trees soon to arrive in Victoria Park Spring Hill to arrive this Winter
- Play equipment upgrades planned for Merthyr Park in 2018/19
- Re construction planned this Summer for Wilson’s Outlook Park atop the new Howard Smith Wharves build – new deck, viewing platform and gardens overlooking Story Bridge…….”